Michael Green Audio Forum

http://tuneland.techno-zone.net

Our Website  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Anyone tried tuning a Mac Mini?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jdparker

PostSubject: Anyone tried tuning a Mac Mini?   Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:05 am

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone had any success tuning a Mac Mini before? The reason I'm looking into this, is:

1) It already works! I know that when I power it on it will not frustrate me and I won't have to troubleshoot it. I'm not very knowledgable in building or understanding computers. But i AM interested in tuning what someone else already built!

2) I can get to listening to music more quickly than spending hours building... which I don't really have time for. I LOVE building and tweaking, but just not computers....
Anyway, thanks for any tips anyone might have on their experiences with opening up the sounds from a Mac Mini...
Aloha, JD
Back to top Go down
rrstesiak

PostSubject: Tuning a mac mini   Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:10 am

All:

I fear my reply is long overdue based on the date-time stamp!

However, the apple mac-mini especially has been successfully employed in many many home theater and listening rooms; including mine for many years!

I found the optical out to be excellent; though I think limited to 96/24...but still excellent.

I also used apple's own bluetooth wireless keyboard and trackpad to surf the net and choose music from iTunes from my couch. (I also ran the output of the Mac Mini to my then Home Theater Receiver; which passed it to the TV.)

If anyone wants to resurrect a thread on using Mac Minis as audio sources, I'm all for it.

Kind Regards,

Ron
Back to top Go down

Anyone tried tuning a Mac Mini?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1