Michael Green Audio Forum

http://tuneland.techno-zone.net

Our Website  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The best OF Mark Knopfler & Dire Straits Private Investigations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
garp

PostSubject: The best OF Mark Knopfler & Dire Straits Private Investigations   Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:40 am

After a long day at the office this past week, I came home to complete more work. I needed a background music fix to perk me up while I completed my work tasks, After turning on my tube system to allow the triode power tubes to warm up, I went outside my listening room to find a pop cd from the music storage area. Without looking, I pulled out The Best of Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler Private Investigations which could be a nice infusion of energy as I completed my computer tasks. Wow, I was not prepared for this sonic treat! If you have not heard this 2 cd best of in your tuned system, you are missing a real sonic treat.

I plead guilty to enjoying Mark Knopfler’s work owning all of his cds and lps, but somehow I have missed the sound he seems to have remastered on this 2 cd collection. I have not reviewed the credits but it almost seems that Private Investigations was recorded using Q sound which really sounds like a surround sound album not just a 2 channel redbook cd. I was initially listening outside the sweet spot and could hear the deep soundstage and music coming from the opposite side of my room. I immediately jumped into the sweetspot and all work stopped until the whole album was enjoyed.

The percussion seemed to explode from the front wall and background instruments spread out across my listening room and around me at times. Mark and solo quitar were anchored center stage very deep and big. I do not remember all of the additional instruments experienced on this collection that were recorded on the original albums, but I really enjoyed what I heard. If you are Knopfler/Dire Straits fan like me, this is the best “Best of” album that I have experienced in quite some time.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The best OF Mark Knopfler & Dire Straits Private Investigations   Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:39 am

Don't know how I missed this post Rolling Eyes

ordering it now Exclamation

thanks Cool

Back to top Go down
http://tuneland.techno-zone.net

The best OF Mark Knopfler & Dire Straits Private Investigations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1