Michael Green Audio Forum

http://tuneland.techno-zone.net

Our Website  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

the "tune" on Audio Circle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi Guys

Thought I would start a thread on my visits to the Audio Circle. It's interesting enough to get a perspective of other minds in the industry. I'll gather a few of the comments here then post a few of the happenings there. One thing I should point out first though. The guys posting there are not necessarily all that happy with who they might consider outsiders so some of the language might be unsettling to our peaceful pages.

Been spending a little time on Audio Circle yesterday and today.

You can visit here
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=111759.new#new

Kind of a trip listening to a tuned system and reading about all these fixed ones again and the mentalities. study . I do appreciate though that they have been gracious enough to here other views.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:30 pm

So as I post some of your comments to get this rolling I think it might be good to paint the picture of tone.

Years ago as audio forums started to appear some of the clients of the tune suggested that I visit and say hello. It didn't take long or much of this to see that the forums had a fair amount of bitterness. I'm not sure how this became the norm but flamers seem to come out of the wood work on forums, not just audio but as I looked at all types of forums I saw a lot of very unhappy people flock to give their opinions on any thing they could and most of the comments were full of sarcasms and put downs. It's shocking to be honest and takes a thick skin to even read through some of the things people say to each other. It makes me say "no wonder countries can't get along, look at the people". In starting Tuneland it was like a breath of fresh air, and even though there have been some trouble bubbles get involved they disappear quickly and the peace grows and the maturity of the forum takes on one of appreciating the likes of others and sharing. to me that's what a forum means "people gathering sharing". I don't look at attacks as sharing, I look at attacks as a cry for attention. Unfortunately people who do the attacking feel the need to keep pushing all the buttons they can find. TuneLand is so different and I can not tell you guys how much it means to me to see your peaceful attitudes even during times of learning.

Saying this, I believe people in the audio forums are starting to loosen up a little and not being as "keep outish" as they were. Slowly but surely forums on a whole are going to have places for both the bold and the meek. For myself if I can be a part of this movement I'm happy to be.

I see the Audio Circle as being a place that could offer about every kind of view point possible and because of this have been spending time there. Has it been the most fun I have had? Far from it, but it has been interesting and at times I get the feeling that there is a core of really cool fun people there. I have been getting some positive support and the private comments have been very nice. There's is encouragement to both stand my ground but also I have been thanked for coming in and doing what not many are willing to do. Mingle with a clear agenda. Some of the folks up on Audio Circle are happy to see me come up and share a big part of the tune up front. Others are saying that I'm not saying anything. If you guys visit you can be the judge of that. What I see is a few guys are going to challenge and in time others are going to get into figuring out what their systems are doing or not doing from the perspective of the tune. I'll be happy if it does indeed relax, but I'm also happy that it's not just wall to wall flaming which would paint a very bad picture of them and long term could hurt hem greatly. today I did a bit of drawing a line in the sand and if it goes well it would be great to start a fruitful circle there but I'm ready for either or. if the answer is negative it says volumes if positive it also says a lot. If positive it means that the audio community is getting closer to being a family of people who want to make improvements to their systems and not just be equipment collectors. I know that one day the industry will find it's feet and maybe today is another step in that direction. Either way it makes me even the more proud of you guys and your attitudes. It's a real pleasure listening with you.

Audio Circle folks, welcome to TuneLand. I hope your visits here turn into a long stay and you feel comfortable with the way we operate and make this yet another choice to learn about audio. Hopefully the powers at be on Audio Circle will except my application to be a sponsor either way, welcome, make yourselves at home and please put on the music so we don't have to listen to me bore us all.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Bill333 said

Hi Michael and Garp,

Regarding AudioCircle, I read the thread there and was appalled at how awful some of the people posting there were.

RH

Hey, Mr. Green,

This is the first I have heard of Audio Circle. I see forums are still the same (other than the Zone) in regards to who will give an ear and who will start yelling "Sounds like snake oil to me!" and demanding the poster with the offending point of view be burned at the stake. I do love it when you get in full "Listen up, class" mode and become Professor Green. I have a suspicion that you tend to "overload their donkeys" by dumping too much information on them at one time. I've been at it for a couple of years and it is a lot to take in and I am still trying to assimilate it all. Still, the doubters have to at least admire your passion. As for others, they may soon become happy posters on this forum.

China

I would be interested to listen to your teaching on how to tune your HIFI systems as well as the envioronment so as to improve the final performance of the HIFI gear at home.

AC member

Greetings Mr Green

I'm embarrassed at this moment that I am a member of Audio Circle. I will be spending more time visiting your site and learning how to make my stereo sound better.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi guys

On AC I started with one of the members system. I don't know if he will get into it or not, but the basics are, I was talking about how some of the rock CD's may sound bad till you tune them in because of how compressed they are. He mentioned that Aqualung is like the worse. So I said I'm hip to working on it with him if he would like.

I put on Aqualung last night to let it settle a little and Drewster and I where going to talk about how it is doing on our systems as I make suggestions on AC. Well, here's my dilemma. I got it smoking at my place right now and have no idea how he is going to get his setup to sound any where near this unless he did some major steps. At this point my system is throwing the soundstage all over the room and it is really getting open with very little of the darkness that it started with. The instruments on this recording are really pleasing and very full size. The vocals also have their own thing going on and Ian himself sounds fantastic and big, really warm, and when they do the effects on his voice then change over to the real deal it's startling. I love the acoustical guitar work as everything has a great sense of placement and timing.

Once again I fooled myself into thinking this was going to be a little on the non-dynamic side but once I got it in it's zone that colored sound wraps around you and pulls you inside of it's staged cocoon. It's not as much dark any more as it is thick and with it's own unique over all halo type of thing. The recording sounds very much like warm audio tape. I'm not sure what tape machine they used (haven't looked) but you can hear it big time. I don't know but I'm guessing there were some tubes involved or is it old heavy solid state, and a very warm sounding tape machine. Maybe this is where some of the darkness comes from and why some have a hard time with the sound of this. For me though being inside of this envelope is rich, full and even syrupy. It's so distinct in it's sound presentation that it makes me want to research how the recording was done. Like when dynamics hit there is a milky texture to it and doesn't necessarily break the skin but is a cool world to be inside of all the same. Inside of it's own world the dynamics are more than I thought they would be starting out but when you leave the room you can hear the recordings personality and how it kind of wants to stay in it's own little part of the world. Well, that's so far.

This is a perfect example of why I like that particular time period in recording. Everyone had their own thing.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:06 pm

I have to say I really feel bad for people who go to these sites with all these angry people Laughing

How do you guys put up with them Question Their really like a bunch of children aren't they. Rolling Eyes

You can almost hear how bad their systems are by their attitudes. As the one guy told me how embarrassing.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:28 pm

After dealing with the AC forum for even this short time I think it is a private circle or nothing.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:53 pm

I'm really glad I had a chance to go on audio circle but have learned that the Industry from their side of the fence is much worse off than I thought. However this is the home they have built and it seems that they are comfortable in this home. As I have seen in some of the high end circles (pon) it really consist of more of a collector club than a group who wish to get good sound. Although there are indeed open minded people everywhere these folks are particularly threatened by others. I've seen the peer pressure applied there and how the guys would either attack or retreat based on the way the sheep went. There's a group of people who have to have the last word and watching them not being able to bridle their tongues reminds me of kindergarten. Honestly as I have said I can't see many of these people having very good sound at all, except one of them who I could see was very hip to the art of listening, none of the others even made a dent.

I did not see one place there where people jumped in and listened together like we share in here. This is what I see as a major difference between the 2 sites. Also they seem scared to death to have me come up and setup something where people actually did the hobby of tweaky, tuning listening. I have invited JohnR to come listen with us and hope that he takes us up on it. He will (if he does) no doubt see the other side and it would be interesting to see if he could go back to the AC world the same man. Honestly from his tone I doubt if he even ever considered us being a sponser there. The tune is something that came into AC and they wanted to get it out of there as fast as they could. If you want to see a bunch of intimidated guys this would have been your chance. I very rarely ever say that something is beneath me but I would have to say thee Audio Circle would be a good example. The more I looked posted and read the more I saw that these guys are no where near the what I thought I would find. I actually feel like taking a shower and washing the poor attitude off. but here's what's worse, AC shows how good of a brain washing job high end audio has done on their own people. Maybe I shouldn't say that because they are after all not a very big group.

Reading this you would think I hate these people, but this is why I wanted to write this quickly. This is how these people make you feel after just a short time. It's like being inside of a pretzel factory and the more I think about it, I hope the thread I started fades to the rear cause my association with these folks is something maybe that I really don't want to be involved in. Maybe the peaceful path I have chosen is something that people will need to find and it doesn't belong in the middle of so much bitterness and fear. Yikes Idea I was just kidding. I think I'll pass on the sponsorship Laughing

I want to return to my thoughts here in a couple of days as I like to do to see if this negative feeling that I experienced was as bad as it is feeling right now. Maybe there is something good there and I completely overlooked it. Maybe I was so fixed on their attitude that I completely missed the lesson. Or, maybe I have grown up and should be happy that I have seen and what I saw was a place I could have been if I had not learn to seek the very best that sound has to offer. Their probably still talking about how bad Aqualung is and it took me almost nothing to uncover the mystery of it.

Laughing OMG I can't loosen a cable can I? It was like someone handed them a harry carry knife to make just the simpliest of suggestions. They made it into such a big issue Laughing Charles (one of the members) said I've been doing this for years and they didn't blink an eye, just kept right on their path of "it can't be". Someone said if I untwist my cables it will make a difference Shocked . It was like you could see the beads of sweat building on their foreheads. I think Charles would like it here and how he and no doubt some of the hidden listeners there can put up with it and want to stay is something I will have to think about.

So good to be home

Back to top Go down
Robert Harrison

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Hey, Mr. Green,

Wow. Some of those people really brought out an anger in you that I haven't experienced before. I was going to say that it may be time to leave AC and shake the dust off your feet, but there are some calming voices on there today. Perhaps you have planted a seed which will bring the more receptive folks over to The Zone. I say give them a few more posts, but if the "feed him to the lions" responses start to outweigh the "let the man speak" responses, then definitely beat feet out of there.

In the meantime, here's something to cheer you up. I actually took the outlet that my receiver and player are hooked into out of the wall.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Laughing yep got knocked right out of the peace zone for a minute. I'm one of those that likes to stay in the vibe. I know there's a lot of temperaments that can deal with a flow of disharmony but I'm clearly not one of them. I do understand that because I was so involved and at every show and then to many stopped showing up it can make one wonder but it doesn't take much to see if people are taking a break from the norm or make life changes for what ever reasons. But when he or any of them started up with that stuff I could see my temperature rising. I wish there would have been more of a faithful few who could have kept the presence up while I took it easier but asking someone to be away from their home all but 6 weeks a year was not something I was going to do. I don't mind when people get personal but not that kind of personal.

I remember their was one reviewer who mentioned my wife in a write up and when she saw it she had him take out the reference. As much as she liked what I did, the audiophile crowd was not her thing at all "why can't they just enjoy the music" was her thing. So that time period of adjusting would be my touchy spot as you saw Laughing .

That audiophile crowed though is a really weird one. You have these music lovers than you have these other guys that are like from another planet and that planet has no reason. You'll understand this. Like when Star Trek does their thing, all these people come dressed up right off the script page. When I showed up on the scene with long hair and 3/4 cut outfits and talked about music instead of specs you could walk along the floor and gather jaws, no kidding. It was like thousands of geek pens burst in pockets all in unison. I'm not joking Laughing . I've never had a problem with a techy but they sure have problems with me. They can not get their minds around the variable part of audio. They will fight you to the death trying to keep the musical instrument and all it's variables out of high end audio. I have no idea why but it's the strangest thing to watch. Hey, I was a tech, but these guys have meters hanging from their belts. I kid you not, I have seen guys walk into rooms with meters and never sit down to listen. If forums would have been started by purely music lovers instead of techies I'm certain we would have a completely different industry. I don't really know another hobby where you put a meter ahead of the activety itself. And of all things it's part of the music industry.

I was standing one time with Richard Dreyfuss outside the Sahara during one of the shows and he looks at me and says "are these people real" and I said to him "are your movies" we busted up laughing.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:48 pm

Well the Audio Circle anti-life campaign continues, and the natives are restless. The funny part is as they are finding the tune to work they become scattered and frustrated in their attacks toward anything worthy. it's very sad that the high end has failed so poorly or is it that this is just the nature of flame forums? they seem to want to turn every issue into something other than the point and other than music.

AC is big on asking questions but when asked one (and a simple one) there are no answers back. People there claim to be in the know but can't even hear their own members when they do have an answer.

For me my time there has pretty much run it's course as far as being involved. I have learned to not pay attention to their stylistic hatred for anything that potentially moves forward and I believe these dinosaurs are probably heading toward the audio graveyard. It's really weird, they are there, they exist, but no one likes them, they don't even like themselves.

I'll probably debunk some acoustical myths and then if not offered a circle of our own will not spend much time there. Over all I think it still this was a good thing (not a hundred percent sure of that statement) and when some of these forums actually do come around or die, we will be remembered hopefully as the ones that brought something good that they can explore.

Back to top Go down
Robert Harrison

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:47 pm

AUDIO CIRCLE - audiophiles who never move forward, they continually go around in a circle.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Another email exchange

Hello Mr Green

I'm one of the silent viewers of Audio Circle. I have become use to our forum performing the foot in mouth dance. Not all of us are like this as you have pointed out, but from the beginning a certain tone was created and Audio Circle has never broken this cycle. I agree with you that a forum should have been given to you as soon as you applied. Everyone on Audio Circle knows by keeping you where you are the insults can fly. Everyone also knows who you are and what you have brought to the industry. I'm a client of RoomTune and have never looked back on my purchase as anything but one of the best things I have ever done. I'm not a tweak but wanted to write you my thoughts.

Thanks, I've received a few emails not wanting to be published but the thoughts are pretty much the same. I have to say that if they wish to have a balance that their going to have to figure out a better way of letting the door open to us without letting the "flys" in if you know what I mean. Audio Circle may think they are being fair, or normal or whatever they want to call it, but I don't know any of my friends that would get near the place, at least not yet.

thanks for the email, and come join us anytime

Hello Mr Green

"Flys" is a good way of putting it. They know exactly what they are doing and have done it many times before so don't take any of it personal. It's a reflection on them not you. Notice how there aren't positive post about your product on the thread. A lot of people here have both the racks and the acoustical products but they know as soon as they open their mouths someone is going to jump on them.

Yep, I can see the pattern and it looks like they have got it down to a science sadly. But here's the bright side now at least some of the Audio Circle gang can see that there are those who wish to explore music in a fun environment, away from attacks.

thanks again, I apperiate the input

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi Tuneland & Audio Circle

Seems like we are getting visitors, and I think that's great. Some are like, he's selling on AC oh no! Heaven forbid someone would sell their goods, plus there has been zero sells pitches. Another is have some of your acolytes come up. Yeh, anyone here in the mood to be call every name in the doubt book? yep, that's gonna happen. Come on in here son, have a seat, we'd like to welcome you to audio hell. Then there's the ones who say lets get on with it, and the next guy why you moving so fast we have to get to know you.

Now moving on to act ll

DON"T TOUCH THAT OUTLET COVER Shocked We're on an audio forum where half of the guys there are building their own amps, and their screaming cause I said if you loosen your outlet you will hear a sound difference. Then there is the member "werd" who I'm starting to like actually, doing some of the things hearing a difference, describing it, and someone jumps in and says "well I don't trust his ears". What is this? Someone is taking the time to explore what changes there might be to this and now werd is disqualified. Hello, I say good for you let me know if I can be of help, can I listen with you, have you tried anything else, have you done all the outlets in the room. Man I would have questions for werd, but I don't trust their ears. What? When I read what werd was saying about the sound I could tell that it wasn't going to be long before one of the "doubting Thomas's" had to jump in. Then there's I tried it, it doesn't work. "I'm going to stick with his Acoustical stuff but not this". First of all he was telling folks to have their wives make it instead of buying it then he says he tried it and instead of asking how this could be, "is there a reason my system won't reveal the change" which is what most would do, he again makes a profound statement. This doesn't work but I'll use those RoomTune. What? I have not had one guy ever loosen their system up without hearing it, ever! So if all of a sudden the AC gang can't hear the difference I ask myself HMMMM? Strange, all of the folks who have ever tried it that I know of have said it's a keeper tweak. I think I would have dug deeper before spilling that. This is not one of those things where we are taking a vote on. This is a tweak. And this is totally wierd to me. These are tweaks, of course they make a difference. We should not be in the prove it stage on this stuff. That sounds so 70-ish to me. if I invested in High End Audio I'm going to tweak it and tune it in. I always thought that was the norm and never questioned that all the way back to when I first started to listen. These guys sound like their still reading Stereo Review with Julian Hursh. And here's the thing, if that's the case. If this is about plug and play why bother with High End at all? Was I in a dream when people wanted me to tune their systems as soon as I became a designer. I mean the list never ended for tweak sessions. Has the hobby forgotten what it is? Holy smokes this is simple stuff.

act lll the audio ego

So werd is starting to question them. What's the deal guys, why are you in such a hurry to throw this guy under the bus? To me it's written in neon and hanging from the sky. "We are close minded and are not really in the hobby of improving our sound" And Now OMG now we can read what he is thinking and saying on his own forum. One audiophile looks at the other and says "is there another forum" the other responds "I don't know let me get out my meter" Laughing . Come on AC that was a good one "get out my meter". So now they can see that we too have a sense of humor, but we do it without tearing someone down, and we do it based on what we had actually experienced. As Charles said "lead the audiophile to water". So why is it that our audiophile friends, Oh and they make fun of that as well (good ole DD), have such a hard time with tuning, or michael, or what ever it is they are so furiously objecting to? I don't think it has anything to do with audio at all. If someone told me or any of the guys here that they listen differently we would do our best to fit them into the tune and make them feel at home. We would absolutely nudge them in the direction of the tune but attacking them Hmmm. In fact in the past if someone came on Tuneland attacking the guys here if I remember correctly showed them the door. So maybe that's it. My stuff works all you have to do is use it to know that or ask what might be wrong like the guys do here and no one gets mad. I can even see someone devoted to a method and is not sure how a new method might compare, but none of this stuff is new. I think it's a personality thing. some there said they don't apperiate my dropping names. Well sorry if you know someone that's usually what you do right? And if it's a person that is more recognizable it's easier to paint a mental picture. I'm taking a guess at part of this, but it's like something I have talked about before. People who complain that much are not happy people. maybe it's because again that they have spent so much money and still not there or that they are just not happy and find a forum an easy place to vent. I also think that there are a lot of folks who use forums as tools of pumping themselves up. making their male ego noticed by beating their chest. I think one even said that about me, but when I do it. it's about something I usually like unless I'm being attack. Maybe these guys just feel attacked. Maybe they think some one is coming there to tell them their wrong. But, what does exploring have to do with right or wrong. Exploring is about giving yourselves options. I think a lot of it probably does come down to simple male ego.

act lV the sound

So here we are on an audio forum and when I suggest that we listen, dead silence. You can't go 5 steps here on TuneLand without us talking about the sound. I'm on a forum busting myths and bring up sound and no one bites. Oh that's a terrible recording, oh I don't listen to them anyway. That's it? more cuts on a band or recording but nothing to replace it. Oh my system sounds great. I don't think it will work on my stuff. Idea hello every thing is tunable and if you don't know that you are without a doubt in the wrong hobby. I know how to adjust my midrange. Here's my graphs do this with them. If I go to an audio forum I'm expecting a little music. Oh your not being fair. Well as they have said, prove it. When on Audio Circle I get this weird feeling that we are dealing with attitudes and doubters but I don't get the sense that people would want to throw on Abbey Road and talk about their soundstage or how to get inside of the musical envelope. One guy says a CD sucks but when I say lets walk through it gone! Vanished, it's like a hit and run accident. No hey man so your saying if I want to make the flavor on a sax come out I can do this? There is none of that. I would have thought that the thread I am on would be full of people sharing ideas of how to achive different flavors and that the thought of tuning would bring out tons of experience in doing this, but it's like visiting a hearing aid center. No I take that back hearing aids are about hearing. Ok, it's like sitting in a signing class where guys would rather sign with their keyboards rather than share the excitement of music.

I'll tell you what until I decided to let go of my wants in trying to help there that place was depressing me.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:19 am

Had a good question asked tonight by one of the members and can not tell you how great it feels to be talking music. I can deal with some of the guys not getting the tuning thing yet if there are questions about music being asked. It makes all the difference in the world for me.

Saturday night must be having a good effect on AC. Plus there was a pretty good joke up there tonight if you know who Trouble is.

At Tuneland Vegas we are listening to

before going out tonight.

hope all have a great Saturday night

Alice Cooper was across the street last night. Pretty cool! I love my town!

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi Audio Circle

The audience is you and who ever else wants to read.

Hi TL and AC. Slowly Audio Circle is starting to look into MGA/RoomTune and finding some of the reviews. A few more to be found on www.tuneland.info but the review thing after the first 50 or so I felt painting a good enough picture to what I'm doing so I haven't spent the time to keep that side up. Had a lot of fun with a lot of the reviewers from all the magazines and thank them for being a part of the tune. There are also reviews in the music and lifestyle worlds and some TV shows but I would not know how to find those. Better Homes and Garden, Rolling Stone, MTV, VH1, MMR, CCM, Sight and Sound and their equals over seas and in the Far East. I think I said somewhere the more I did the review, TV and show thing though the less I liked being in crowds.

I'm not sure why some are so interested in photos and keeping up with certain things but because it is brought up it gives me a chance to comment and move on. Thought I made some of this clear earlier on AC but maybe not. By the late 90's and certainly mid 2000's I found myself becoming camera shy and crowd shy. I was on tour since 15 years old and pretty much in crowds for 25 years. And with my wife being in entertainment as well I see a lot of people burn out on it and I'm one of them. Don't think I've taken a picture since I was 42 or so except for a few strays. I don't think some understand how being in public for a long time gets to you but for me it does. It's kind of like writing over here on Tuneland instead of answering every thing on AC. Crowds are cool but they can also be cruel and needling. I didn't grow up in the cynical scene, finished my schooling on a bus with a private tutor. It's a big difference being on campus and being taught privately. When I got to my schools campuses I thought I was going to pass out. Somehow I could deal with running the sound or even singing and doing a little stage stuff, but it felt weird for me being one of the crowd. Way too much noise and pushing. Not my scene at all. Ask my friends or girlfriend and they will say hermit type.

What the guys on AC do with their picking and unresting doubt and bitterness it seems is just not my thing. I felt myself slipping into this while they were doing some of their personal or audio crucifixion of me (told they do this on a regular basis) and I don't know about any one else but I look at this as bullying and very low life type of stuff. Sorry if I'm being so vocal about it but it shows how awful I feel some of this type of stuff is whether it be in our schools or as adults. Bullying is very unbecoming and growing up the way I did was a little tough so when the chance came to tour I was on that bus, then going right into music/modeling and entertainment related I think I avoiding a very ugly world, or so I am told.

Tuneland gives me a chance to be me and the great guys here have made life really pleasant for me to do my thing. I love listening with them and feel the safety of their good intents. If Audio Circle showed this side of them more (it's got to be there) I would have a lot of fun doing the music thing with them. And for the ones who have been cool i feel good vibes toward, but don't think I need to be undignified to make a point, especially when as I have and others have said been part of the industries on going foundation.

As AC keeps looking their going to find review after review with I think only one bad one where the reviewer was in the back pocket of a competitor I'm told. He didn't even set up my product and listen (pretty poor) but people saw through this quick. Anyway hopefully AC will see that I'm an insider in the music scene, paid my dues and love helping people get great sound. But I will say this at least with me posting this I feel that I'm able to put to rest rumors and speculations on certain topics and for me that's cool cause I've never really said why certain things were done and why I did or didn't do them. I've never really pushed back and with AC I'm getting all that stuff out.

My hope and wish though is to get to the music and off of whatever problem they are having with the person.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:28 pm

I wanted to put this up for visitors so they can take a look at acoustics from the building up of energy. I'm noticing that a lot of folks on Audio Circle are taking more of a kill approach instead of a control approach and for those interested this might help you with the tuning of your rooms.

First off as you can see in reviews of my product direct absorption is out. This could be half the battle for a lot of you. Your killing the sound instead of preserving it. Lots of examples on Tuneland to look at but you can also use this guide.

Looking at many of the systems on AC your treating the parts of the room that are the least needed and not treating the areas that are the most. Not that you won't take a look at those areas but if you do the non-loading areas you can and are more than likely putting your system out of balance. Your frequency range is decreasing and not maintaining in balance. This is causing the killing of needed sound.
Take a look at controlling vs imbalance.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the "tune" on Audio Circle   Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Are we starting to connect?

After a break, I have gone back to AC to say hello and see if the response is any different this time around. I was told from an insider this might be the case as this has been what they have experience when the new kid comes on the block. At first there is maybe a wall of acceptance put up but then it eases off. "life" what can you say Laughing 

I posted this today in response to a couple of post

"It all comes down to the crowd your talking to, and how you are as a communicator.

I have found that each world I work with and talk to there is a completely different code to decipher. Not only their code but mine for them. It's usually when we listen together that they say "Oh my, now I see".

For example: some listeners came by this morning as they needed to hear for themselves what I was talking about when I was describing the size of a particular soundstage. They would listen to the same piece of music and have a thought of what it was doing in their mind, yet when I talked about it I made it sound (to them) embellished. To me, I was actually soft selling but if they didn't hear this it would sound like another audiophile fish tale. I was not expecting the visit and when they simply showed up I was a little taken back, but it was what it was and so I was going to put on the piece of music and leave so they could listen on their own. However they again surprised me and said "you have on Made in Japan, let's listen to that". I went outside and after about a half hour the one guy came out and grabbed his friend, sat him down in the chair, then he joined me outside. "that's impossible" were his words. After his friend was done we went and sat by the pool and talked about it.

This is pretty much what I go through every day of my life. People who have been taught one set of rules and getting the typical High End Audio soundstage more or less. However when they do these tricks that I'm talking about they experience a whole different....hobby. A hobby that in a basic or even smallish place creating "huge" soundstages. Soundstages that are far closer to real space, real size and real life.

As I find these tricks they get added to the method of listening that I've been working on for over 30 years now.

It's totally cool with me if people want to listen to whatever size they want, but where I get off the boat is when they say this is absolute, cause it isn't. Absolute would be if you hear everything including the real size of the rooms these guys are recording in. Many listening experts I have talked to (and listened with) over the years say that what the audiophile crowd is listening to is a small percentage of what is really there on the recording and I would have to agree. There's far more content there than what is coming through the systems and I'm into, and always have been, going after more. There might be a chapter of folks that want to listen to a much smaller soundstage than real but this industry has got focused on that small stage and stayed there for an awful long time.

What I do is get rid of the distortion that is making these stages do this. In the process it means getting rid of a lot of stuff in the system that doesn't need to be there. In fact this extra bulk is causing the problem.

As I said recently to one reviewer "this hobby is still so young". We really are barely getting started in exploring the playback part of this thing, and along the way are finding that there have been some missteps."

BTW for those who know me, to me the system sounds so so and very out of tune but to the guys stopping by, eyes were like they saw a ghost. They might be reading this so I don't want to put them or their systems on the spot but let me at least say that they both have well over $50,000 systems.

Note to visitors, please don't just stop by. This turned out well but things could have been easily in inbetween mode as far as setup goes.

Back to top Go down

the "tune" on Audio Circle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1