Michael Green Audio Forum

http://tuneland.techno-zone.net

Our Website  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Manhattan Transfer's Tonin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
garp

PostSubject: Manhattan Transfer's Tonin   Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:06 pm

This morning the Maggie is doing a fine job of playing The Manhattan Transfer’s Tonin with the 60s and the 8watt tube integrated. For those who unfamiliar with The Manhattan Transfer, they are a vocal group that has covered pop, jazz, and funk for many years. In the early 90s they released this album and toured the US to promote it. I saw them perform here in Nashville, and they had many guest appearances at this live show. The album is a tribute to popular groups in the 50s and 60s and is filled with guest appearances of those performers that made the original songs popular. This is a good one for those of us who enjoy early 50s and 60s pop.

Since I have some time to listen this morning, I will replay this album several times to see if there are any changes as Michael often recommends as he recently played Tull’s Aqualung to death. By the way, I have a 5 LP set titled 20 years of Jetho Tull, The Definitive Collection that I will be exploring over the holidays. This box set came with many other LPs that I purchased from a record producer’s estate and the albums appear to be new, unplayed.
Back to top Go down

Manhattan Transfer's Tonin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1