Michael Green Audio Forum

http://tuneland.techno-zone.net

Our Website  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Greetings from malaysia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Thu May 07, 2015 4:51 am

Hi TJ

Is this correct Question

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Thu May 07, 2015 5:04 am

Hi Michael

Yes that is correct, measured distance from power panel to equipments area is 35-36 ft
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Thu May 07, 2015 5:18 am

So you were thinking a path like this, then dropping down, then out to the electronics?

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Thu May 07, 2015 6:16 am

Yes exactly correct (you read my mind Laughing ) that will be the shortest route without much drilling around the walls.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Thu May 14, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi TJ

Been another busy week.

So do I see transformers up in the soffit?

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Thu May 14, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi Michael,

There are no transformers in the soffits only led lights which I do not use at all (It was installed just to give an effect of the light bouncing of the wall).
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sun May 17, 2015 4:09 am

cool Exclamation

Did you drill the wall yet?

You're going to want to drill the holes (two of them) big enough to put a piece of wood up there for the cables to rest on as they go through the wall. Then the choice is either to run the cables laying on probably Chinese Poplar dowels or hanging by strings.

Are you doing one line and splitter at the end?

oh also I looked at the car

Do you mind if I post those? That way I will remember better. let me know

Oh, one more thing. Were some of those PZC's I saw yours? Sharp Exclamation

Smile

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sun May 17, 2015 4:54 am

Hi Michael,

I have not done any drillings yet for my dedicated line as I was waiting for your opinion and suggestions first. I was also thinking of laying those cables on a wooden support dowels too, having those lines suspended in air by strings seems not so convinient.

I am planning to do a single dedicated line with a duplex outlet. So looking at it I was thinking a single 15Amp line using 12ga power line cable (comments Michael?)

Wow affraid eagerly awaiting for those beautiful Pzc's nice Very Happy .

Regarding the car audio I fine with it but would it be better to open a new thread on it? Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sun May 17, 2015 5:32 am

Hi TJ

Yes, it will be a different thread.

12 gauge is a lot heavier than I go but it's important that you feel safe with the size you choose.

What types of dowel do you have there?

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sun May 17, 2015 5:53 am

Hi Michael,

Noted on the gauge, so far I have no dowels made yet.

I was thinking of using some chinese pine wood which is ready available here around the local wood shop at my area.
Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sat May 30, 2015 3:52 am

HI Michael and fellow tuners,

For the past 3 weeks have been doing lots and lots of running in for my system. Had a few of my friends over to my place auditioning my system and one of them had more or less the same kind of system like mine. He told me that my system was still in its infancy age (got about 160 hrs in) and once I hit around its 300 hrs mark, the system will totally transform to a new beast Laughing. I have read that ARC gears do take a long period of time to run in well around 600 hrs to sound at it's full potential (even in its manual it says give 600 hrs to run in).

I am always open to any kind of suggestion no harm in that. So I did let it run in for long hours at times non stop for 10 hrs in a day Shocked  but usually I keep it at around 5-5-6 hrs in a day ( next month electric bill will be soaring up Mad ). Now I have got about 275 hrs in it and my oh my yes system is transforming everything sounds refined with better separation. Much more musical and the sound has opened up clearer.

Next after playing around with the cardboard boxes (acoustical vibes), I decided to do some platforms for my speakers and cdp (mechanical vibes). Well I did not make any platforms (I will leave that part to Michael), all I did was to buy some of those meat chopping boards the biggest I could find. Placed it under my speakers and cdp. However unfortunately those boards that I could find were not that big but suffice enough to be placed under them.

Immediately after placing them I did a short listening test as I was impatient and eager to hear how much of sound did change. My first impression was not bad it did made a difference, things sounded clearer and cleaner at the bottom end of the midrange. However the upper midrange sounded slightly ear piercing and highs became slightly harsh. Overall it did made a difference but then what I have learned in tuneland is to always let it set in take a day break and come in the next day for a listen, so that is what I will be doing Smile.

Anyway previously I ordered up some of those tuning cones to be placed under my cdp and distro block. Since I had excess of those cones I decided to place it under my transparent speaker network.

All I can say it made a huge huge changes in my highs everything sounded so so smooth no more harshness the highs just sounded so sweet  cheers . Midrange was still ear piercing though Rolling Eyes .

I will leave everything as it is for now enjoy the music and wait for a day or two before I make a good conclusion on it .

Regards

TJ
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sat May 30, 2015 9:56 pm

Hi TJ

Looks like a new chapter has begun Very Happy

Will be a fun year.

If you get a chance can you do a pull back picture so we can see more of the whole unit?

Good to see you again Exclamation

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sat May 30, 2015 9:59 pm

TJ said

"I was thinking of using some chinese pine wood which is ready available here around the local wood shop at my area."

mg

Is this what we see in the picture? I'll do a search on it.

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sat May 30, 2015 11:25 pm

Hi Michael,

Ok no problem will snap more pics, sorry for the pics not describing properly what have been applied (photography is not my forte Embarassed )

Mg said:

Is this what we see in the picture? I'll do a search on it.

Those chinese pine woods are under the cdp (2 blocks of wood), as for those under the speakers are those chopping boards which I am not sure what is it made off Embarassed  but when I knocked all around the board it resonated well meaning it did not sound dull and had some extensions to it (trying to be like Michael here Laughing )

Regards

Tj
Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sat May 30, 2015 11:36 pm

Forgot to mention the materials for those cones under my network cables that i am using are combinations of 2 delrin cones and 1 brass cone. I do have cones made out of copper will try that too in 1-2 days time and report in.

Btw I'm eagerly awaiting for those toys from Michael Very Happy . Harold has updted me will be shipping it out soon cheers .

Will be having loads and loads of fun tuning my system with Michaels toys.

Regards

Tj
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sun May 31, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi TJ

It's fun watching the journey study

I always look forward to pics Very Happy and also what someone is listening to in the way of music.

Any news on the dedicated line?

Cool

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:48 am

Hi Michael,

Yes regarding on my dedicated line I will only be starting that project in 1-2 months time as unfortunately my electrician has been admitted to hospital for a back surgery. He is a friend of mine also honest and reliable so I'll wait for him to be better before I can start on my dedicated line project. Hope everything goes well goes well for him.

Looking on the other side it gives me more time to rethink over this project to ensure everything goes well the first time Smile . Michael if you have more suggestion or advice for the dedicated line I am all ears Very Happy .

I will report in on my findings tomorrow for the platforms under the speakers and cdp also the changes it has made to my system. Hoping for a good change and improvment as this will be a positve move forward for my next order  Smile .

I have a question for Michael looking at the boards I placed under the speakers ( I have emailed you more pics the zoom out version)

is it an issue having the boards placed under the speakers smaller than the base of my speakers?

I can buy another pair of boards and place it under so that the speaker base will be resting on it rather than now (the 4 corners of the speaker base are being suspended in air only the central part of the base is resting on the board).

Regards

Tj
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:52 am

Hi TJ

Yes, I would go bigger with the platforms, especially with your tile flooring.

Do I see stock feet on the component? You might want to remove them, and go block, tuning board, rail, platform.

Sorry to be requesting so much but could you do a pic showing all this, like pull back several feet and let us see the whole thing, floor and everything.

thanks

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:45 am

Hi Michael and fellow tuners,

Alright Michael will snap more pics but before that I will first get the boards and place it under the speakers. then will take more pics. I tried from a distance previously but those boards were too small to be viewed. Two boards under the Sonus will give a better description from a distance.

So to update on how the settling in period sounds, today I had a good solid 3 hours of listening period before I started repositioning the Sonus around my living room. I am totally amazed with what those boards are doing but before that as I have mentioned that my system is beginning to open up after 275 hours of life. Have been giving my system a good dose of daily run in period and things are getting better  Very Happy .

I am also currently using my old cdp Audio Analougue as I wanted to try going SE rather than XLR. Going through the tunes have shown me by tuning the RCA's plugging it in slightly (loosely) also loosening the rca cap itself will give a better change (ARC ref cd9 is on resting mode). So I tried it myself and yes it does make a difference enough to acknowledge and understand what Michael has been always mentioning about. This something I will definitely be looking at in future Smile .

Anyway with all of that said, I sat down today and started listening from where I left previously, yes very true to Michael's words again  Laughing  "let it settle in first" cause that is what I did for 2 days and it made a lot of difference.
I was previously rambling about the midrange pitchiness and glare which was prominent when I initially placed those boards under my speakers and cdp. As of now I can say almost nil of those complains the Midrange sounds so so lush full, rounded and very realistic in nature.
The highs sounds so sweet that it really captivated me also not to mention the extensions and decay now it is so clear, with all of this combine I really can hear and make out where and what type of place the singer is singing in.
The space between the singer and instruments now is clearly present  cheers.  I can define the real sense of depth,  there was a slight forward projection towards me but not much unfortunately (Michaels toys should do the trick Smile ). Now this is what I want and I want it in a grandeur scale  Laughing .
The bass is now very tuneful and it delineate the boundaries of each instruments played. However the downsides bass seems less impact and less punch.

I proceeded to move around the Sonus not much but at an increment of 1-2 inches or so based on my own voice and Sonic's BOO. As I more or less know where the boundaries of my PZ's are in my living room. So I started repositioning my speakers to be in between those zones and slowly moving them an inch or so forward, backward and laterally. I finally settle down gave my ears some rest and listened again. Now things got pretty interesting, as I listened I noticed more texture to each instruments played, I could make out that emotion and the effort of the singer. Only thing is that the bass got slightly wooly and muddy but still acceptable to make out what was happening.

The stage currently Is ok not to say great, there is a sense of much needed depth. Height was around 6-7 feet up. Width has passed the boundaries of my speaker by 2-3 feet. Music from speaker is also less noticeable and at times I am not looking at my speakers at all as the music is flying everywhere. The forward projection is still lacking and there are still holes in my stage but the imaging is getting better and at times I can "see" rather than just "hear" it.

I am officially entering into a new tuning adventure with those boards placed under speakers and cdp also those cones under my speaker network along with mixing and correlating with the acoustical side of tuning. Working on both sides (mechanical and acoustical vibes) is a careful balance which I am still learning but currently it is paying off big time.

I can't say which changes made the most significant impact (boards, cones, run in period, repositioning speakers) but definitely I am heading in the right direction. Although my journey is still far far away unlike other fellow tuners who have achieved a greater sense of audio bliss. It is the journey that is getting me very excited Very Happy .

Regards

TJ
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi TJ

This is exciting for me to watch and brings to light "the audio trilogy" Electrical, Mechanical and Acoustical. Seeing these 3 work together aligns with the teaching of the fundamental forces of physics.

Pretty fun to actually see it in action though isn't it study

With your exploring your going to be well versed when the products of the tune are put in place, great job Exclamation

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:25 am

Hi Michael and fellow tuners,

Yes I will be spending loads of time now playing with the audio trilogy but for now will be acoustics n mechanical side. Thanks to Michael I can appreciate the bondaries of my PZ's over my listening space and I can actually notice how significantly the sound changes as I move the Sonus around.

Currently I have gone towards midfield setup and one significant point have noticed is that everytime I place anything around the center of my speaker plane (in front or back of it), the sound of vocals and anything that plays at the center of my stage gets sucked in. I am trying to push forward my stage towards me and things gets worse if i place any of those boxes at the center. Logically I would look at the opposite side end which means behind my listening position but am I correct Question or towards the sides  scratch

So my question to Michael and tunees is there any leads I can use to push forward my stage (to give that upfront towards me) i'm talking about the acoustical energy side of the trilogy. Or should I look at the mechanical side for that ?

Just got a mail from Harold my toys will be shipped by tomorow  cheers

Regards

Tj
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:00 am

Something to try.

Find a cardboard box, about 14" L 12" w 4" d

Pin up the box on the ceiling maybe 2.5' in front of your head, leaving the end of the box facing the front wall a little open, and see if the vocals jump forward.

Let me know what you hear.

Cool

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:56 am

Hi Michael and fellow tuners

Today sized up a box as Michaels order but later to realise the area that Michael mentioned to pin up the Box is occupied by my ceiling fan Rolling Eyes . Any other suggestions Question

A friend of mine dropped by today and passed me an equipment known as Audio Revive RR-77. Well he said to place it behind and at the center of the speaker plane for maximum benefit and above 5ft of height. So I asked what benefit will it give to my setup and he replied it will give better separation of instruments, define more the depth and layerings of the stage.

I googled it and got a link here from 6moons:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/acousticrevive/rr77.html

Well lets see what will it do to my system.

Regards

TJ
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi TJ

These are called Schumann Resonance Generators, or Schumann Wave Generators.

important read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances

If you go here http://www.bing.com/search?q=Schumann+Wave+Generator&first=1&FORM=PERE you can look at some of the different ones available. I don't want to downplay the audiophile ones, but they are expensine and in my testing not quite as flexible as some of the ones used in health.

If your going to get some to play with I would recommend the ones with volume controls and variable settings. The actual range is 3hz to 60hz and their harmonics. Audiophiles have been pushing the fixed setting, and placement, but I have found you should explore all over your house to fine tune things in.

Warning though, the more you tune the easier it is for these units to get in the way of the natural waves (physics) in your room and system. Some places they work well and others the systems and Vibe falls apart. I've even gotten sick to my stomach while using these, so it depends on how sensitive you are to wave formations.

The "Earth Tone" is something that is already in your room and house, and the Earth is in constant exchange (fair exchange) by the way of Lightning. All the forces http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_interaction work together to keep the Earth in somewhat of a tuned environment. The key to this is that we understand the variables are always at work even if it feels like we are in a "fixed" position or setting.

Great stuff to learn and apply, but as I said I like the variable approach with these units more.

have fun study

Last edited by Michael Green on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:48 pm

"Any other suggestions Question "

Hi TJ

This could be why your vocals are hesitating in coming forward. When you get the RT Pillows we'll play.

Cool

Back to top Go down

Greetings from malaysia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next