Michael Green Audio Forum

http://tuneland.techno-zone.net

Our Website  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Greetings from malaysia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Very Happy  Great post, it is a lot of fun!

I was waiting for our server to get the site migration done, but might have to get started on the electrical without pics for now.

When balancing the power from your circuit box to your main system, I like to think of the box as being part of the system itself.

sound and power

I'm a minimalist when it comes to all things musical. I have found a good balance in less is more. Where many go for more mass I go for less.

Looking at each system is like looking into the musical soul of all pieces.

When balancing sound and power you want to look at the whole chain and try to get things to match up as much as possible. The lower mass means the most flexibility, the higher mass less flexible. Heading toward the most flexible in your case being into the tuning, we should look at, one freeing the system when we can, and second finding that lowest common denominator.

This said, lets take a look at the components. The very first thing is to look at how the speakers and equipment responsed to physical loosening. You may have already played in this area but give me an idea of what happens or happened as you loosen your speaker driver screws and component screws.

Also any difference as you loosen parts to the circuit box. I have to put a warning here for liability reasons. Follow the guidelines of any equipment warnings as to shock. I can give you sonic results but can't tell you to do something that might lead to you getting shocked. Always follow safty guidelines.

OK, I'm off the hook now. Smile

Any where any cable is tense the signal is somewhat blocked. Making bends and twist, and tie wraps are big sources of signal blockage. Think of everything electrical as gates. You tighten that gate and things close in, loosen that gate and open up. Your system is only going to sound as good as your tightest connection, if your looking to open it up. It will also only sound as good as the best balanced cable. I have found the most balanced gauge in audio to be 22gauge. This is the most neutral solid core there is. Stranded, between 24-20 gauge. Once in a great while I will use stranded but most of the time solid core is the ticket (size dependent). Copper is my favorite sounding conductor. Regular copper, not Ox free.

After looking up your speakers and components, interconnects and speaker cable, I would put your system at a 35 foot run at 16 gauge solid core, 6 inches apart between the hot and cold. I float my grounds but I don't know your electrical setup.

Your soffit lights are on dimmers? What type of lights?

Have to be careful keeping away from transformers and drimmer controls.

I like the sound of thin PVC jackets over copper. You'll want to send me pics of potential wires and I'll take a look.

As far as dedicated lines go, it really depends on the components used and the circuit panel. I personal don't like running a lot of dedicated lines if a system can run well on 15 amps or less. If the system can run on 15 than a single run with a low mass power strip is great. But if the system is sucking up the power, have one line for amps and one for sources and pre-amp.

You sent me pics of the panel, but do you have any without the cover so I can see the layout? Or did you send them?

Outlets

I do not like the sound of high mass outlets, they squeeze the sound. Audiophiles get stuck on closing things in, but after me having my own high mass outlet in the beginning, I've done a 180 on this issue. I go low mass everything then tune it in.

If you need me to make up some power wire for you let Harold know.

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:56 am

Hi Michael and fellow tuners,

Thanks for the reply, it is clear now that you have explained regarding on this matter that has been bugging me Very Happy .

To answer your questions :

MG : Your soffit lights are on dimmers? What type of lights?

it is not on dimmers and i use LED lights for the soffit lights.

MG :You sent me pics of the panel, but do you have any without the cover so I can see the layout? Or
                 did you send them?

I haven't taken a picture without the cover. Will take a picture without the cover and mail it to you.

Also I have a question regarding on what you have mentioned

MG :  Heading toward the most flexible in your case being into the tuning, we should look at, one  
                   freeing the system when we can, and second finding that lowest common denominator.

When Michael said "freeing the system" did you meant by loosening the screws on the casings and cover of the equipments, speakers and distribution block and removing the cable ties inside the equipments? Cause if it is I have done partially on it (loosening the screws from the equipment casings) and yes the sound did open up slightly.

Also the last part I did not understand what did Michael meant by "lowest common denominator".

I will be shopping for some power cables soon will definitely snap some pictures and mail it to you before i purchase it.

MG : If you need me to make up some power wire for you let Harold know.

That is great and sounds like a good plan too:) .

Thanks

Regards

Tj
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:34 pm

Hi TJ

"When Michael said "freeing the system" did you meant by loosening the screws on the casings and cover of the equipments, speakers and distribution block and removing the cable ties inside the equipments? Cause if it is I have done partially on it (loosening the screws from the equipment casings) and yes the sound did open up slightly."

mg

Yes, what I do is loosen everything. Transformer bolts, get rid of cable ties. Loosen every screw any where you see one even furniture in the room, wall outlets (if your using them or not). Make the interconnects so they slide on not clamp on. Everywhere there is any kind of connection or tention. Circuit board screws, everything. The idea is to make everything that can possibly vibrate to do so. As you do this notice how your stage grows.

Components are usually way over built and screwed super tight so nothing comes loose in travel. Once we get them home we should free up all those connections that have been thightened so the parts can relax within their space. As they do relax the vibratory energy will start to blend (work) together as a team. Any where you see bulk in your system there is some kind of blockage that needs to be set free.

Like for example if you look at my cable there is no barrel at the ends, no filler. What we want is to create a system of flow the best we can without hitting bumps in the road. If you see cables twisted this means they are adjustable and by untwisting or even separating you are able to space the electromagnetic fields within your system.

Your entire room is part of the system and electromagnetic fields are all around you. We don't think of this much, but if you look at your home as a big component chassis vibrating, and all the electrical wires surrounding you in the walls and running through all of your appliances are producing electron driven waves and fields. These move through the air just like sound waves and actually share the same hosts (air particles). The Earth vibrates around 7hz, your house vibrates between 7-200hz, and everything all the way up through the audio range and up to the wave range is part of what we hear and feel.

The method of tuning, is to loosen up all those energies, get all of them to intermingle, then selectively tune them in. Pretty simple stuff when you think about it.

Lets say you take 10 acoustical instruments. All of them are partially tuned and the musicains tune them together and play them. Sounds pretty good right? Now take those same instruments and completely detune them letting all the strings and adjusters relax for a half hour. Now come back and re-tune all of them. This sound will blow away the sound of the first tuning. Now here's a secret of mine when I record in one of my studios. Before the players show up I detune and make everything relax. Everything the walls outlets instruments PZC's, everything. When the gang shows up and tunes I also tune the environment. By the time we are done, a single instrument that before may have played one harmonic will now play 4-5, and even an undertone.

that's what we want to do with your system

Lets set everything free that you can possible think of, let it relax, then tune it in. Every time you play a recording and it sounds out of tune, this is all you have to do to make it sound like a million bucks. In time you will fine simple tunes to do for a runaway recording, and I even take my room/system every once in a while when things are sounding tense, and re-set them, just like I do in the studios.

So that's a short version of what we are doing to your system. We're loosening everything getting you the tools, and then everything can relax, and after this you and I can put of the same piece of music together and we can walk through your soundstage. Pretty cool right Cool Question

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:55 pm

MG : Your soffit lights are on dimmers? What type of lights?

it is not on dimmers and i use LED lights for the soffit lights.

mg

Lights are basically field creators and energy magnets. We will want to be careful crossing any electrical wires or running parallels with them. Of course turning them off during listening is always the best, but even then if they run parallel they will become part of the system.

If you do have me make your cables maybe you should also have me make dowels for the cable runs, unless you have wood joists up there to run the cables on.

I should do a drawing and show you.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:40 pm

Here's a view from on top of the soffit, of course I can't see above it but I'm assuming the space is fairly empty up there.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:46 pm

"lowest common denominator"

Means, the lowest common vibration.

As you loosen things up the lowest common vibration will drop, but if you have blockage (something vibrating out of tune and at a higher pitch) it won't let the fundamentals form completely.

Once you get into this full swing you'll hear what I mean.

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:09 am

Hi Michael and fellow tuners

Allright, very much thanks Michael for your explanation. You have opened my mind up pretty much already on the basic understanding of tuning. Your ways of tuning is what I have experienced to certain degree but minus the understanding on how or why it was happening ( I understand more now but not fully yet Embarassed ).

Now left is for me to start initiating and sharpen my tuning skills Wink , can't wait for things to get started, awaiting for Harold to reply my email Very Happy .

Sometimes I feel that i got into this audio buzz was more for the journey of tuning and hearing the differences you get rather than actually enjoying the music, but when that particular frequency note hits your ears then only you start to realize yes I am here to enjoy the music  Laughing .

Thanks

Regards

Tj

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:07 pm

The part I love about tuning is watching and hearing everything come together. I've had to create my own language cause the industry looked at me with a blank face when I started sharing tuning with them. It's the kind of technology we have to do to understand, but once you get into it, listening to recordings take on a whole new meaning.

When we tune there's a presence to the music that I can only describe as pure emotion. The music itself becomes our teacher.

Cool

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:42 am

After a few days in hiatus decided to play around with my system. Listening again and again over my favourite songs and voila managed to improve over the whole frequency spectrum Wink .

What did I do Question  well I improvised Wink . First off I got myself some materials cardboards, wooden boards (from my speaker wooden box which it came in), 4 wooden planks (used previously to elevate my speakers), acoustic foams, old cones (used for my AVR and decoder) and a towel Shocked .

Next step was to place it around my system based on how Michael has been describing. So I started off by applying over the pressure zones. Center of my speaker behind the equipments a wooden board ( not sure of the wooden material but by knocking around, it gave a slight dull to higher pitch resonance) it was tilted upwards slightly about 15 degrees. Also I covered my TV screen with a towel  Laughing .

Over the left i placed 2 cardboards one was behind the left speaker angled at 45 degrees (played around with the angles and it sounded the best that way). Another cardboard at flank of my left speaker also angled at around 30 degrees.

Moving to right side was the same behind the right speaker cardboard at 45 degrees. Placed a board at the right flank but it sounded full slightly congested, the energy felt at the right side was more so i removed it and used some acoustic foams instead.

Now moving on to the mechanical grounding side (going with the trilogy  Smile ) I proceeded to apply 2 wooden planks under my CD player and another 2 wooden planks to elevate my power cables. Used 9 cones(3 brass cones and 6 delrin cones) to elevate my speaker cable networks(applying at the edge of the networks) and my distribution block.

I also moved my speakers forward to my listening position by 2 inches. Now all of this was done in stages step by step stopping and listening to each add on i did before moving on to the next step.

Yes after a good 2 days of playing with it and another 2 days of rest, finally i sat down today and listened.
My oh my the system transformed I felt like I peeled off 2 layers of veiled sound, It became clearer also much much more details heard especially over the vocals( finally could hear Jennifer Warnes lips puckering and her breath).

Amazing the right side of the speaker now partially disappeared and the distance of sound coming was well over 2 feet away from boundary of the right speaker. However the left side speaker was always letting me know its presence Sad  but on occasion it does pass over the boundary of the left speaker but not much.

Bass presence was more, defined and less bloated but not punchy. The highs extension shimmer was more each time the drum cymbals and piano notes was played the decay was longer. Midrange energy was felt more (its presence was much needed) it gave a nice rounded feel to vocals and somewhat liquid feel. Guitar strumming had more grunt and feel.

However great all this improvements was, what made it tied together and elevated to another level sounding system was when i moved my speaker forward by 2 inches the midrange feel was amazing and applying the towel over my TV screen now that brought in the focus of the vocals and instruments made me easier to pin point where all the instruments are placed. Now I can "hear" and partially "see" my music being played by the system.

Soundstage height grew by 1 feet its width grew more over the right side though rather than the left Sad . Depth was still not so great but could sense it. The forward feel was getting more but not enough Mad .
This exercise has given me valuable information on the pressure zones but still need time to digest it overall as there many areas I have not done anything yet. Also I haven't tried loosening the screws of the wall socket, cracked the screw over the speakers (did loosen up the screws on the amp,pre and CD player casings). But it was fun and an educational trip for me  Cool

One thing I am clueless on how to get my left side sounding less from the speaker(making it disappear) hope Michael could chime in on this  Wink .

Thanks

Regards

Tj
Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:48 am

took some pictures will send some pictures to Michael to upload it here.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:17 am

Hi TJ

Yep, I want to comment on yours and Sonic's thread but have to tear myself away from this jazz session first.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:55 am

TJ said

"Amazing the right side of the speaker now partially disappeared and the distance of sound coming was well over 2 feet away from boundary of the right speaker. However the left side speaker was always letting me know its presence  but on occasion it does pass over the boundary of the left speaker but not much."

mg

Wasn't the left side that wasn't opening up before, when you had it turned the other way?

TJ

"However great all this improvements was, what made it tied together and elevated to another level sounding system was when i moved my speaker forward by 2 inches the midrange feel was amazing and applying the towel over my TV screen now that brought in the focus of the vocals and instruments made me easier to pin point where all the instruments are placed. Now I can "hear" and partially "see" my music being played by the system. "

mg

I love listening extreme nearfield. Because I do I'm able to build the acoustics around me.

TJ

"Soundstage height grew by 1 feet its width grew more over the right side though rather than the left . Depth was still not so great but could sense it. The forward feel was getting more but not enough .
This exercise has given me valuable information on the pressure zones but still need time to digest it overall as there many areas I have not done anything yet. Also I haven't tried loosening the screws of the wall socket, cracked the screw over the speakers (did loosen up the screws on the amp,pre and CD player casings). But it was fun and an educational trip for me."

mg

It would be interesting to hear the covers off.  

TJ

" One thing I am clueless on how to get my left side sounding less from the speaker(making it disappear) hope Michael could chime in on this   ."

mg

When looking at our system it is always important to think acoustical, mechanical and electrical. Try to see your system playing like instruments and what makes instruments play in balance? Remember tuning is about opening up, then tuning in. There are still many things to open up.

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:17 am

Mg-
Wasn't the left side that wasn't opening up before, when you had it turned the other way?

Tj-
Yes on either position I placed it was the left side that was not opening much ( I did flip the polarity it sounded out of phase).

mg-
It would be interesting to hear the covers off.  

Tj-
Which cover is that Michael? If it is the amp n preamp yes I removed it but no significant changes it made in comparison to loosening the screws alone.

Yes definitely there are a lot of things that needs to be tuned.. Will get there slowly of course by your guidance   Smile .
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:26 am

Hi TJ

How tight are your cable connections (interconnects, power wire and speaker cables)?

Also when you look inside your components, are the cables tied down super tight?

I'm sensing that something is too tight in regards to the left channel.

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:45 am

Hi Michael,

My speaker cables I kept it loose as much as it can hold on over the terminals. Looser than that will cause it to fall off.

As for the cables inside the amps yes it is tied down firmly. Ahh yes now I remembered reading Michael mentioned in previous threads about removing those cable ties inside amps,cdp and pre amp and keeping the cables loose as it will squeeze out precious valuable signal Idea .

Will work on that and report in. Amazing as soon as Michael said it a light bulb switched on in my head Idea . Looked at that for my speaker cables but forgot about those cables tied down in the equipments  Embarassed

This is super fun Very Happy

Thanks

Regards

Tj
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:51 am

Hi TJ

You've been quiet -- how's the cutting of cable ties and the other tunes you are doing coming along?

Sonic
Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:35 am

Hi Sonic,

Thanks for following up, unfortunately been busy with work past week hopefully by end of this week am able to spend some time,  meanwhile have put up my order already can't wait to start my journey Very Happy .

Certainly will need all the help I can get from Michael and yours too (  I have been reading up on your thread learned so much from your journey with Michael, great stuff.)

Regards

Tj
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:10 am

gonna be fun Exclamation

Cool

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:24 am

After a busy week finally manage to gather some time for a much needed tuning session with my system.
So I did as what Michael said to cut those cable ties for my amp and pre amp and yes it did made some improvements.
The Right side of my speaker did open up more as also the left side which has now open up by 1 feet past the speaker boundary as for my right side the sound is flying everywhere. At times I could sense something creeping up at the back over the right side of my shoulder but in a very subtle manner Shocked .
As for my left side it was not all that glory the depth increased more than the width, however listening to it showed improvements which is much appreciated compared to before ( I sense there is more that could be done and need Michael's input on this). As of now the sound-stage is great over the right side with a slight expansion over the left but all of this improvements now have made the stage "filled up" over the right side and making it somewhat move laterally to the right, funny thing is the vocals are actually centered between my speakers scratch . The hollow feel over the left side of my stage gives a sense of holes at that side.

Another change I made was moving my speaker more forward (previously it was 9.25 ft now it is 8.75 ft from listening position, speaker to speaker distance is 8.25 ft ) now here is where the Magic happened Very Happy . There was a solid forward projection of the the stage it gave a much needed 3D feel to my sound-stage. Previously i did moved my speakers forward by 1 ft the sound details was much heard and sounded clearer but now it is all that with a nice forward vocal and instrument projection. It made everything sounded more realistic than before. Vocals had more presence, highs was smooth and airy Smile  but extension was not much Crying or Very sad .

One thing I know for sure there are still more improvements i can achieve if I move my speakers even more forward (by another 0.5 ft) cause when I was sitting down at my listening position, I did move my head forward and I could hear a more realistic sound from the vocals and instruments. The size or should I say the girth of vocals and instruments and its palpable feel was more yet still defined and there was an extra bump on the projection of the stage towards me. However moving my head more than 0.5 ft the stage, vocals and instruments sounded blurred and the focus is lost unable to identify and define the stage clearly. Amazing Cool .

Going slow and having the patience to tune really does give you a sense of appreciation towards understanding the interaction between your hearing space with what the audio trilogy is doing to it. As of now my listening pleasure has increased Very Happy  but those few points that I mentioned is bothering me Mad . Hope Michael other fellow tuners could chime in and give some input on their experiences dealing with such issues. Just by reading through other members journey in this forum has given me so much of insight on tuning and Michael's guidance has been a great lead for my journey.

I can only imagine how will it be once I have made those purchase for my order and get to play with all the goodies on hand with Michael's guidance.

Thanks

Regards

TJ
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:17 am

Hello tjbhuler

Congratulations tjbhuler -- you are making more advancement in a much shorter time than Sonic took in years! Some thoughts and questions:

TJ:The Right side of my speaker did open up more as also the left side which has now open up by 1 feet past the speaker boundary as for my right side the sound is flying everywhere. At times I could sense something creeping up at the back over the right side of my shoulder but in a very subtle manner.

Comment and question: this is good. On the right, what do you hear creeping up to your shoulder? Is it with just a particular recording? Is it ambience, echo or a voice/instrument?

TJ: funny thing is the vocals are actually centered between my speakers.

Question: were your vocals off centre before? To the left or right?

TJ:The hollow feel over the left side of my stage gives a sense of holes at that side.

Comment: Low Tone Redwood, Brazilian Pine and Magic Wood will fill these holes up. Sonic is finding out how much Low Tone Redwood, Brazilian Pine and Magic Wood can do for frequency range and harmonic fullness.

TJ: One thing I know for sure there are still more improvements i can achieve if I move my speakers even more forward (by another 0.5 ft) cause when I was sitting down at my listening position, I did move my head forward and I could hear a more realistic sound from the vocals and instruments. The size or should I say the girth of vocals and instruments and its palpable feel was more yet still defined and there was an extra bump on the projection of the stage towards me. However moving my head more than 0.5 ft the stage, vocals and instruments sounded blurred and the focus is lost unable to identify and define the stage clearly.

Comment: Awas! This might be an illusion. I had this effect before -- Sonic leaned forward about 6" to a foot and found the sound better, then moved my chair forward or the speakers towards me and found the sound worsened badly. I don't know why this is so but Sonic has become cautious of the validity of this test. It has failed too many times before. Maybe something to do with the angling of ears or physical posture involved.

Sonic
Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi Sonic,

Thanks for the reply to answer your question

Sonic:  On the right, what do you hear creeping up to your shoulder? Is it with just a particular recording? Is it  
          ambience, echo or a voice/instrument?

Tj: Yes I do hear certain instrumental notes which i can interpret around the 2500-6300 hz (listening to Jennifer  
    Warnes and Putumayo series asian lounge and american folk) when the instruments are playing over the
    right side of my speaker I do hear flutes.sitars and guitars flanking me around and creep me from behind
    over my right shoulder pretty cool stuff.

Sonic :  were your vocals off centre before? To the left or right?

Tj: Yes previously it was more towards the left side off center now its pretty much aligned to the center and i
    can hear and define duets better too.

Sonic: Awas! This might be an illusion. I had this effect before -- Sonic leaned forward about 6" to a foot and
         found the sound better, then moved my chair forward or the speakers towards me and found the
         sound worsened badly. I don't know why this is so but Sonic has become cautious of the validity of
         this test. It has failed too many times before. Maybe something to do with the angling of ears or
         physical posture involved.

Tj: Point noted will keep in mind on your observation. My understanding regarding the changes felt was due
    to the sound interaction with the neighbouring structures in the room eg: sofa, carpet and walls as you
    physically moved the speakers which can be a double edge sword too. Your observation on the physical
    posture is something I did noticed too. Nice to know my observation on this is related to yours too  Smile .

Michael and Harold did advise me to get the LTR's so I did order up as recommended by them. As for the BP and MW will slowly come to that but right now I have reached my financial limits Rolling Eyes . To make things worst GST is kicking in soon 1st April. Not so good news for Malaysians Sad .

Regards

Tj
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:25 pm

"the sound interaction with the neighbouring structures in the room eg: sofa, carpet and walls"

When we move our heads forward it's not so much the actual distance into the room but the influence of our ears in relationship to our seating furniture.

Take your hands, cup them, then put them behind your ears. Hear all the pressure? Our ears are a pretty incredible set of stereo microphones.

Also something else that you guys might find interesting that they don't teach you in audiophile school.

You know how they always talk about how waves reflect around and how you get these straight lines coming from the speakers to your ears? They paint this picture of how things arrive at the left ear and the right? This is a myth. This is a bad design template by speaker companies, and let me show you why.

Plug up your left ear. Now click your fingers, moving them from side to side out in front and around you. Notice that you can hear your fingers in stereo (panning to any where the sound is)? Both of your ears can hear omnidirectional. Many audio designers don't get this and treat their designing as if things are all about right and left, when sound itself is about audio pressure and not direction neccessarily. Our brain and hearing is all about pressure as well and is highly in-tuned with the energy in the entire dissipation space for the entire energy flow (all energy).

It's important at a higher level of listening that we get familar with physical dissipative systems. This means how and where the energy is stored and released, letting it happen or be heard. Both of your ears have the ability to pick up this pressure on the left of the system. Now you need to find the blockage to set it free. Could be as simple as a inner ear build up, an in room blockage, or in system blockage.

Lets start with personal

Do you have someone to listen with? If so sit them down and see if they are able to hear the flow go out on the left side while you are not able to. Secondly we can work on both the room and the system, but it's good to know if it is in your hearing first. Don't worry we will open up that left side, and don't fault your hearing. I just want to find out what it is first.

BTW, if you spend a lot of time in your car driving, your left and right ears become trained to the sound of either the window being opened or closed on the drivers side. Anything you do where you place your ears for a long time in the same place will in time play out in your listening. Good news is, if it is your body this is something easy enough to train and open up. I have an ear exercise that you can do that will change the way you hear.

But we'll take this step by step till we find it, then Very Happy we'll tune it Very Happy

we do all kinds of tricks Cool

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi Michael,

I got my wife to participate and yes the findings are the same as mine her interpretation is simple " right side dunno where the sound is coming from but i hear more from the curtains than the speaker itself and left side sound is from the speaker, now can you not disturb me!" Laughing .
I was initially thinking of my hearing ( 10yrs of heavy car audio tuning using test tones gives you tinnitus 24/7 Embarassed . 2yrs ago did an audiometry check my hearing is fine but 16khz and above I can't hear much) that's why I got my wife to listen too.
Wow the ear execersie is something I would like to learn Michael Very Happy ( Btw is the valsalva maneuver)

Regards

Tj
Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:02 pm

Hi Michael,

I got my wife to participate and yes the findings are the same as mine her interpretation is simple " right side dunno where the sound is coming from but i hear more from the curtains than the speaker itself and left side sound is from the speaker, now can you not disturb me!" Laughing .
I was initially thinking of my hearing ( 10yrs of heavy car audio tuning using test tones gives you tinnitus 24/7 Embarassed . 2yrs ago did an audiometry check my hearing is fine but 16khz and above I can't hear much) that's why I got my wife to listen too.
Wow the ear execersie is something I would like to learn Michael Very Happy ( Btw is the valsalva maneuver)

Regards

Tj
Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from malaysia   Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:05 pm

Sorry double post Internet line is bad here
Back to top Go down

Greetings from malaysia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next