Michael Green Audio Forum

http://tuneland.techno-zone.net

Our Website  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rotelguy

PostSubject: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:46 am

My first post.

Was wondering if you could upload my avatar for me?

thanks

jim
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:01 am

Hi Jim

Welcome to TuneLand. I'll post it but will need to download it on my computer. No problem though I've done the avatars for a lot of the guys.

Send me an email with your picture and I'll get it ready. I'll need your password but you can change it when I'm done.

Back to top Go down
rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:27 am

thanks Michael

That would be great. I don't do forums but something made me check out tuneland after reading others.

Don't share my email if that's ok.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:35 am

Hi Jim

Not a problem at all. I made this forum so you can register without using your own email address. That way you can stay as private as you wish.

I'll look for the email.

have fun on TuneLand Very Happy

Don't forget when you see the pic posted to change your password.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi Rotel Guy (Jim)

When posting the pic, this brought back lots of memories for me. The Rotel 820 and 840 are both big parts of my audio history.

I used the models with the old transformers and made them into out board designs, which added a level of lush and dynamics that my clients loved. When they were discontinued, moving to the newer models, I called Rotel and asked how many they had and they sold me the lot of them. I think it was like 40 some, so I tweaked all of them and sold them in one of my package systems.

Back then there were audiophiles waiting in line for mod systems and components. I sold the Rotels with either a modded version of their 855 Player or modded Magnavox, which at that time all the hot CD Players were made from Magnavox and modded by AudioQuest and a whole bunch of different companies. I'm not sure the newer audiophiles know this fact, but these mods were actually the beginning of high end audio CDPs. High end never did make their own CDP's for a long time. Basically they were dressed up Magnavox (philips) or Sony.

Anyway, I would love to tweak a few of these old Rotels now and see how they stack up.

enjoy TuneLand Smile

Back to top Go down
rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:09 pm

Hello Michael and Friends

How is this possible? My roomtunes arrived today and I can't believe my ears! Did someone go into my CD's and remaster them to sound outstanding over night affraid . My wife and I sat in our living room and it felt like a concert. We had to take them down and put them back up one at a time to hear this again. We even FEEL more comfortable in our now converted space.

This is the biggest improvement we have ever heard since we got into this several years ago. I'm wondering if I should order two more echotunes from Music Direct?

many thanks

Jim
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:28 am

Welcome to Tuneland ROTELGUY!

Very good your wife and you heard such a transformation in your set up Very Happy That is exactly what Mr Green's products can deliver. Take a bit of time, like a couple of weeks of listening, to let your system and room to settle and for you to get the hang of what the RoomTunes can do. You might, with some small movements, make them do even better.

But don't obsess, enjoy the music. Those things are powerful and their power means you can quickly reach a stage where they thin out the bass and dry up the acoustics. But two Echotunes are inexpensive, probably won't hurt and they can be repurposed into many uses in rooms.

Do send pictures of your room to Michael for posting.

Sonic

Back to top Go down
rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:48 am

Hi Sonic

Thanks for the welcome. I was so excited by the music last night I couldn't wait to get up this morning and listen. We have a lot of cds to start going through. We haven't heard anything sound thin or dry. The bass is deep and tight.

I have our music for the day set out starting with yellow brick road. Want to get in all the listening we can before the work week starts.

thanks

Jim
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:47 am

this is crazy

Reading through tuneland has been teaching me about stereo for the first time. I thought I was in the hobby, but was only buying as MG says "fixed" sounds. What my system is becoming is past the hobby as we knew it. There's no turning back now. My Magnavox has replaced the Oppo. The Oppo sounds like a cheap toy next to the 2300. With the roomtunes in place we got the best sound ever but wanted to keep going (the wife is as music nuts as me). The 2300 is more open and more dynamic. The Oppo's have an artifical digital sound that I didn't notice till we turned on the Magnavox.

My player search is over, thanks tuneland Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Hi Jim

Glad you picked up a Maggie. It's quite the musical toy Exclamation It also sounds like you are doing well on your journey.

looking forward to the next adventures Smile

Back to top Go down
rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:11 pm

I have started my cardboard box experiments after doing some reading and have found a pair of room tune deluxe. MICHAEL WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN Laughing If the hobby had any idea they could tune they would throw away most of the crap they have been fooled into buying. I thought the RT's were the end of my happy system but when you use them together with the deluxe a new level of listening begins. We're doing stuff with this system that in the past I thought would only ever be done by spending a fortune on components.

thank you thank you thank you

Jim
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi Jim

You no doubt have been reading TJ's thread. Have fun Exclamation

Back to top Go down
rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:47 pm

Mr. Green was thinking about redoing our electric. When you get time will you give me a breakdown of what to do? thanks

Jim
Back to top Go down
jeffersound

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Hi Jim

I'm from NV outside of Vegas. We should get together Idea  Some of the stores must love MG and others hate Laughing He's the audio wizard. Took me some reading and trying the tune to figure it out. Makes perfect sense after doing.

1. Did MG ever get back to you about your AC?

2. Do you ever go to Wax Trax Records?

I saw MG there not long ago. Still has his long hair and sports a nice long beard. I told him when he gets more gray he'll look like Gandalf. He said that's what he's shooting for  Very Happy

cheers

Jeff
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:30 am

Gandalf Laughing I like that Very Happy

here's the web for waxtrax http://www.waxtraxonline.com/ . I'm taking Harold there this trip.

Yes, I've been giving Jim some pointers on the electric. I'm always a little shy to post about these tweaks on-line. I have to remember to say, don't do this at home or by anyone but an electrician.

Others sharing pics is cool but I don't really know how liable I am when giving advice on electrical, so I try to play it safe.

stores

That's funny about the stores. When I go it usually ends up someone asking advice, and the store owner looking at me as if I'm supposed to sell something. High end audio stores have changed so much and if you don't have a good web presence I'm not sure how they survive. I'm glad that here in the states there are some good on-line outlets. Still you got to miss the good ole hi fi on the corner shops.

Smile

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:33 am

Oh, I forgot Rolling Eyes

Welcome to TuneLand Jeff, hope you have a great time Exclamation

Cool

Back to top Go down
rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:59 am

Michael is it my imagination or has FM started making big stages? We've been wanting to hear some of our FM rock shows on the main system so we picked up an old Technics tuner and stripped it down Shocked . We put it on your board with blocks. Un freaken believable Exclamation I've said this before but it makes more sense the more we listen. Acoustics is everything. You can't sit in an untuned room and think you have a stage. This is FM for crying out loud.

affraid
Back to top Go down
tmsorosk

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:41 am

Welcome aboard Jeff. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jeffersound

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:52 pm

Thank You tmsorosk, it's Tim right?

I've enjoyed seeing your music lists. Some great audiophiles here Very Happy It's peaceful I like that. Rare to find a friendly high end forum.

cheers
Jeff
Back to top Go down
tmsorosk

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:31 am

jeffersound wrote:
Thank You tmsorosk, it's Tim right?

I've enjoyed seeing your music lists. Some great audiophiles here  Very Happy  It's peaceful I like that. Rare to find a friendly high end forum.

cheers
Jeff
Tim it is. Yes it is peaceful here, I have no use for the endless squabbling that goes on with other audio sites.
Hope you enjoy it here.

Tim
Back to top Go down
jeffersound

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:19 am

I do. Been reading the archives and techno-zone. Never seen a forum like this before. A lot different from other forums, this one is more what is going on and focused. Other forums are more about what if this happens where this one is about here's what is happening. I like this much more. Everyone is free to have their own sound and enjoy each others without the showmanship.

Tuneland seems to be more connected to the music. Smile
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:17 am

Hi Jeff

You met Tim, cool Cool

Smile

Back to top Go down
tmsorosk

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:31 am

jeffersound wrote:
I do. Been reading the archives and techno-zone. Never seen a forum like this before. A lot different from other forums, this one is more what is going on and focused. Other forums are more about what if this happens where this one is about here's what is happening. I like this much more. Everyone is free to have their own sound and enjoy each others without the showmanship.

Tuneland seems to be more connected to the music. Smile
Hey Jeff
Are you going to be posting a description of your system? It's always helpful so the rest of us here can get a better understanding of what your hearing and why certain changes may be working. The type of music you listen to is always helpful too. MG can help you post pictures, if your into it.
Two of my systems are listed with pictures, if you get a chance check it out and you'll know what I mean.
Regards Tim
Back to top Go down
jeffersound

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:15 am

Guess I should start my own thread. Didn't picture myself posting much but after reading that might need to change.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:20 pm

Hello Jeffersound!

Might Sonic encourage you to start your own thread? It will be a learning experience all round. We at the Tune learn from each other (and from Michael of course!).

Yet this ain't no cultish place. We have each our own ideas, leanings and musical preferences yet Michael and the Tune takes them all in -- demonstrating that there is something very whole here.

Sonic
Back to top Go down

ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Michael Green Audio Forum :: Listener's Forum :: Home Audio Systems-
Jump to: