Michael Green Audio Forum

http://tuneland.techno-zone.net

Our Website  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Wet records

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tmsorosk

PostSubject: Wet records   Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:04 am

Sorry to hear about the flood and lose of records Michael.
Since it seems I can no longer contribute to the Stereophile site I thought I'd express my thoughts here.
Regards
Tim
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Wet records   Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:20 am

Hi Tim

What happened -- whose record collected got flooded out? Link if there is one please.

And what got you locked out of Stereophile?

You can guess where Sonic has NOT been....

Sonic

Back to top Go down
tmsorosk

PostSubject: Re: Wet records   Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:05 pm

Sonic.beaver wrote:

Hi Tim

What happened -- whose record collected got flooded out?  Link if there is one please.

And what got you locked out of Stereophile?

You can guess where Sonic has NOT been....

Sonic

Yeah, 18,000 records lost to a flood but it was a long time ago, ask M.G. for details.

Don't know what happened a S.P. am always polite etc, but one thing , I didn't renew my subscription after 22 years.
J.A. does have a very thin skin, seen others banished for almost nothing.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wet records   Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Tim affraid

I'm a little in shock after seeing this Exclamation

Your not saying you were banned from the forum are you? I have seen you be nothing but polite on the Stereophile forum! This would be a sad loss, and day for all who read the pages there.

I sincerly hope this is not the case or at least a mix up on their part.

Know that you have a home here on TuneLand and your contributions to these pages are of great interest to your fellow listeners. I for one especially like the fact that you have more than one system, and enjoy when you bring up artist and describe the performance. I always think it's cool when you say you are warming things up getting you ready for a listening session. That is very much like myself. I'm not much of a cold start listener, but like it when things have a chance to fall into place a little first.

Also, people should take note of the way you went from a rack to built in, saving your space for the music energy.

Anyway, I can't help but feel sad for the readers there. They have lost a cool guy to hang out with Exclamation hope this means we get to hear from you even more. What is that saying "their loss is our gain".

Cool

Back to top Go down
tmsorosk

PostSubject: Re: Wet records   Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Well Michael, I'm not saying I'm banned but my posts are no longer being excepted ?

I did comment on something and received a very unprofessional response from J.A.

It doesn't bother me that I'm not aloud to participate with a mag that i've supported and staunchly promoted for more than two decades, but what does bother me more than words can describe and nearly brought me to tears, was that I wasn't permitted to convey my condolences to Ellen, Bob Reina's widow.    

Tim

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wet records   Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:01 pm

Oh my

I didn't even know that Robert passed!

RIP Bob, and I hope Ellen is ok. She'll be in my thoughts. Not great news but thanks for the info Tim.

I also hope there was some kind of a mal-function on the phile. This would be sad news, with all JA allows to go on there. I can't picture you saying something that made him that mad, but who knows. I don't know John all that well.

Back to top Go down
tmsorosk

PostSubject: Re: Wet records   Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:01 am

Michael Green wrote:
Tim affraid

I'm a little in shock after seeing this Exclamation

Your not saying you were banned from the forum are you? I have seen you be nothing but polite on the Stereophile forum! This would be a sad loss, and day for all who read the pages there.

I sincerly hope this is not the case or at least a mix up on their part.

Know that you have a home here on TuneLand and your contributions to these pages are of great interest to your fellow listeners.  I for one especially like the fact that you have more than one system, and enjoy when you bring up artist and describe the performance. I always think it's cool when you say you are warming things up getting you ready for a listening session. That is very much like myself. I'm not much of a cold start listener, but like it when things have a chance to fall into place a little first.

Also, people should take note of the way you went from a rack to built in, saving your space for the music energy.

Anyway, I can't help but feel sad for the readers there. They have lost a cool guy to hang out with Exclamation  hope this means we get to hear from you even more. What is that saying "their loss is our gain".

Cool
Well I tried again today just to see what would happen and I still can't post. I suppose it's just as well as there sites almost dead except for a few industry insides that seem to take pleasure in bashing each other.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wet records   Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:36 pm

Yep, everytime I get stuck in one of those bashing tricks myself, I go darn.

It's like when going on there you can almost guarantee to be hit with a spin right off the top. It's not enough for them to disagree and say so, but it turns into "lets see if we can troll this or that thread".

On the other hand, it's the right size forum to promote TuneLand and has been a big plus for us being in the public eye.

I have no idea though why on Earth they would banned you. Still blows my mind, you of all members getting banned affraid . I mean even when you disagree with something it seems you always try to find the commonalities.

High End Audio should not be like that. It should be about sharing and caring through times of agreeing and times of others views.

Oh well, like I said, it lets us enjoy you more Smile

Back to top Go down
tmsorosk

PostSubject: Re: Wet records   Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:53 pm

Yup, it's a bit of a shock to me too, particularly when you've idealized these folks and there persona for decades.
Couldn't tell you how many friends i've turned-on to the mag including one thats now a major advertiser ( full page every issue ).
Oh well.
Back to top Go down

Wet records
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1