Michael Green Audio Forum

http://tuneland.techno-zone.net

Our Website  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Bare Essence power cord mod (level 1) Ronbo's System

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Bare Essence power cord mod (level 1) Ronbo's System   Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:29 am

Hi TuneLand

I moved ronbo's topic from the products page to here.

ronbo said

"What does the Bare Essence power cord mod consist of? Are there safety issues or cautions to observe when using this power cord? Has anyone who has this cord compared it to other power cords like Pangea?"

thanks

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bare Essence power cord mod (level 1) Ronbo's System   Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:40 pm

Hi ronbo

Here is a picture of the level one MGA BP Tuning Board.

Here's a picture of the Mod

Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Bare Essence power cord mod (level 1) Ronbo's System   Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:03 am

Greetings ronbo!

Welcome to Tuneland Very Happy

May Sonic try to partially answer your question. When working with mains voltages, we must remember that mains electricity is deadly. It kills and can damage property so this is not to be taken lightly. When I modify my equipment Sonic understand it invalidates warranties and any wiring work is done at my own risk. Sonic once did some work on my reel tape deck, I brushed my hand against a power supply cap. It knocked me down to the floor and I smelt burning flesh (true, Sonic is flesh and blood). If in doubt, don't take the risk, seek professional advice and services.

Yet many Tunees have used various combinations of wires from Tuneland in various applications. I suggest that you instead consider Michael's cables using them as interconnects (the Picassos) and as speaker cables -- T3 for systems where the Tuning is just beginning to T2 and T1 for advanced systems (Sonic biwires using T3 for the bass/mid section of my Magneplanars and T2 for the quasi-ribbon tweeter).

Of course many Tunees have found novel uses for the T1 and other cables which have been intended by Michael. Reading the various threads on this site will show you some of these applications.

What's your equipment chain?

There is so much that can be done with Michael's products and methods that you are in for an adventure. Welcome Very Happy

Sonic
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bare Essence power cord mod (level 1) Ronbo's System   Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:37 pm

Liability

Wow Sonic, that even scared me affraid

pale What Sonic and the others will tell you is MGA/RoomTune is going to do everything possible to not be held liable for if anyone gets shocked.

We realize that these days there are many things sold in audio that exposes people to shock. We also realize that if you take your products into a repair shop, there is a certain amount of liablity. Where that line falls is something we have always tried to stay away from. Because of this Sonic gave you the routine liable talk I give to everyone doing electrical work.

Saing this, look at the other threads and take a peek at what others do. Interconnects, speaker cable I can recommend without any fear of liability, and in the future if we find out it's ok to do electrical mods without worry, we have a ton. At this point though technically we will show the mod we do for listening and if you decide to move forward we need to give some type of standard warning, as they do on the back of equipment.

This, I don't know for sure. Radio Shack, Home Depot, Lowes and many others sell raw electronic components, but I don't know as I said where that line is.

Back to top Go down

Bare Essence power cord mod (level 1) Ronbo's System
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1