Michael Green Audio Forum

http://tuneland.techno-zone.net

Our Website  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

convince us :) Is it time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: convince us :) Is it time?   Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:00 am

Ok Guys

I'm up for the fun Idea

I would love to be able to walk around my house and make my music selections from a smart phone or tablet. At the same time my listening bar is pretty high and so far I haven't been convinced that the timing is now.

convince me Smile

Keep in mind, if you can't out reference me there's no need for me to make the jump. I'm perfectly fine with walking over to my collection and putting on a disc to play. I also love tuning in the sound.

I'm not a fad jumper and do not get swayed by claims. Facts are the facts, if I'm able to tune to my taste and if I can have a front end that beats up on CD's that sounds fine by me. However if this turns out to be just another choice along with vinyl and tape, I will see this as another system to think about and not a replacement.

So here's a chance to bring the oldman up to date Smile

Some hints, don't debate me. I don't listen to debates I listen to music. The audiophile in me has no desire to move backward, and if I'm clearly seeing you are not getting all the music in the recording there's really no reason for me to dive, but if files are ready to become the new reference for me, well everyone smiles.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: convince us :) Is it time?   Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:02 pm

We're about a month from diving into the file pool, any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

I'm curing wood now for the adventure, so hope you guys jump in and give some thoughts.

study

Back to top Go down
Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: convince us :) Is it time?   Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:39 am

Hi Guys,

To get the best sound out of the DAC you should get 32-Bit. Forget about 24-Bit DAC as technology has caught up very quickly. The sound difference was very obvious once I compared 32-Bit against 24-Bit. The complexity of the jamming session was eye opener with all the subtle details reveal on stage clearly and effortlessly and imaging was superb. I think also got to do with combination of Michael Green wood as the sonic can be tuned to your taste once I have switched from Birch Cubes to Brazilian Pines blocks underneath the DAC it sounds better.

You must do two setting on your Laptop in order to get the best sonic. Setting of Laptop sound driver properties to 32-Bit is a must. And also the sound application software which playback your music must set to 32-Bit. If not my advice is to carry on with the CDP tuning forget about DAC  study

If your Laptop sound driver could not switch to 32-Bit after 32-Bit driver has been installed, the xmos audio hardware on your Laptop cannot be supported. What does it means? You need to get a new Laptop  Sad

Use EAC application software to rip your CDs. Choose FLAC format. Best rip CD software I have ever used.
www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Hope this info helps  afro   Enjoy your DAC journey  cheers
Back to top Go down
rrstesiak

PostSubject: Reply   Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:41 pm

Michael:

I myself have surpassed for MY setup the performance of my CD Player, but even my setup with or without cd falls short when we reference together. Even though I think I am onto something really big with my music server, I don't have the room, tuning, and other equipment to out perform what you already have.

Any others willing to take Michael's challenge?

Kind Regards,

Ron

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: convince us :) Is it time?   Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:40 pm

Hi Ron

I'm feel pretty comfortable about moving forward with the DAC plan. Harold is hip to the exploration, so hopefully we can get a good start this Jan-Feb.

This being your first time through this with us, I want to let you know I enjoy using the ears of all the Tunees and their systems as my own ears. Doing these references is like treasure to me, not only me doing my own here with several systems but also hearing the details within everyones experience. I'm always looking for something missing within my own listening that someone else may have.

For example, a couple of years ago Sonic was describing something within the crickets on Abbey Road that made me want to go find and did. Same with Hiend001 with "Hell Freezes Over", and a reminder from Drewster with "Wish You Were Here".

This is where I guess I am different from talking to folks on Stereophile, where they say "better". Better tells me nothing, but when you guys say specifics it gives me something tangable to look for within the stage. For me it's so much easier to look at a kick drum within the stage and hear a particular description of it (for example) and go after those particulars.

As we get you into the acoustical game more your going to see more into what we are talking about. Things will move from improvements to variables within those improvements. Your going to love the chapter that trilogy tuning brings. Hard to describe but once your inside the tune doing it, there will be many times we stop and marvel at places you will go within the stage, tempting the rest of us to the treasures awaiting.

A fun game where we are all winners, and first place is but for a moment as we study the sound of each other.

I'm glad we have your ears to enjoy, thanks!

Back to top Go down

convince us :) Is it time?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1