Michael Green Audio Forum

http://tuneland.techno-zone.net

Our Website  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

best high end site ever

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TTtim

PostSubject: best high end site ever   Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:20 pm

I'm not much of a typer but had to stop by and say this is the best audiophile forum I have ever seen.

Michael you have always been above and beyond anyone in this hobby!

merry Xmas
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: best high end site ever   Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:51 am

Merry Christmas TTtim!

Welcome Very Happy

Glad you like this Forum. It is a nice friendly place though Sonic does wish for more interaction between Zonees in the spirit of learning and quest for good sound.

Do you Tune? What gear do you use and your favourite CDs and LPs?

Sonic
Back to top Go down
TTtim

PostSubject: Re: best high end site ever   Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Greetings Sir Sonic

I'm a tuner from back in the MG Audio days when Michael was a young man in Atlanta. MG was ahead of his time then and I see he is still so. When we moved to LA in the 1990's I discovered a hub of RoomTune listeners that owned complete systems designed by Michael. I reintroduced myself to the tune and have had a MG system ever since. My AR was made by Michael and I use a MGA tube preamp MA700 monos Chameleon speakers and subs PZC treatments Signature rack MGA Audiopoints and MG cables. I also had MG make the plans for my room which sounds great. I don't actively tune because it sounds better than any other system I have ever heard. Not much of a typer but I am a fan.
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: best high end site ever   Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:11 am

Hello TTtim

That is some system you got there. You reached the Tune at its inception it seems -- I only got tuning about 10 years ago. That is some system and room you got from Michael -- compared to you Sir, Sonic is a latecomer and still scratching the surface although I am recently getting somewhere.

Nothing like a committed community to stir creative fires. For me Sonic graduated from using RoomTune pillow products as effective room treatment to something quite different.

Just a question -- you have an AR turntable (and ES-1?) modded by Michael. Can you give me description of what was done to this TT compared to stock, and what cartridge do you use? From my thread, you will find I use a Rega P5 with an Ortofon 2M Blue -- I likely will improve my 'table with some of the Groovetracer things and a 2M Black. Very curious to know more about how Mr Green approached TT tuning.

Sonic
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: best high end site ever   Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:29 pm

Welcome to TuneLand TTtim Exclamation

Fire me off an email or call when you get a chance, so I can see who is behind TTtim Smile

Happy Holidays, thanks for the visit Exclamation

Back to top Go down
http://tuneland.techno-zone.net
TTtim

PostSubject: Re: best high end site ever   Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:04 pm

Hi Sonic

Sorry for my lack of typing. I have 3 Grace 707 arms and a host of cartridges. F-9, Ruby, V-15, grado xt MG mod and some more exotic ones not used any more. The 707's are all modified by Michael. He made ingenious wood tuning tubes that go over the arm shaft. I believe this is why he likes the 707's style. My ES-1 has almost every part modded by MG. It wasn't cheap but I have not heard any table to my liking since. Michael I'm sure spent far more time on my table than he charged me for. Something I have learned about MG is if you have the money and the patience the custom products he makes himself outperform anything out there from any other company factories. Michael has a way of thinking about audio that is different from any designers I have ever met. He's connected to the sound somehow. I'm looking at his platforms and latest speakers and subs with interest.
Back to top Go down

best high end site ever
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1