Michael Green Audio Forum

http://tuneland.techno-zone.net

Our Website  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

an audiogon thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: an audiogon thread   Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:20 am

Hi members

I invite you to read a thread I have been in, on the Audiogon forum.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/isolation-for-electronics-why-is-there-no-evidence

The posts speak for themselves and once again hit a certain ceiling of understanding. Check it out if you wish to or make comments here.

here's the last post I responded to

Michael,

How can you be sure that the need to recreate the created world is not part of the original design? You are an accomplished person in your field but I can tell that you are not a philosopher. I've been around here for quite some time and know that this kind of vague zen audiophile preaching will not make much of an impression. You will have to concretely elaborate on what you say and prove your concepts, and the best way to do it is to build tunable speakers that will convince everyone with ears that that's how speakers should sound. People will be convinced by convincing evidence. I asked you  how you would build a speaker as an instrument capable of reproducing all other instruments. Or a room for that matter. I also asked you what it means when all the elements of the system are in tune. Even if a speaker is a musical instrument it is a very special kind of it, it is also sort of electro-acoustic one.

In any case, we often challenge each other here, this includes designers and manufacturers. I once challenged Ralph of Atma-Sphere to prove his statement that theoretically record can sound better or at least no worse than tape. I am still waiting for proofs.
And since you participated in serious research, perhaps you could share with us the major points of it, objectives and methodology. I may be unable to understand your presentation fully but some others will.

thoughts?

Back to top Go down
rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: an audiogon thread   Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:49 am

Can I go first please Smile

The thread reads like their collective audio intellect needs to be raised a few bars before a useful conversation is possible.

sorry AudioG

jim
Back to top Go down
Jane Audio

PostSubject: Re: an audiogon thread   Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:09 am

My Dear Michael, how we love you I love you You have the patience of a saint Exclamation It's difficult talking to grown men possessing less education than a 1st grader.

http://www.sciencekidsathome.com/science_topics/what_is_sound.html
Back to top Go down
lefthanded

PostSubject: Re: an audiogon thread   Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:24 am

It appears to me that the Audiogon forum of which I am a member has more people that are antagonist than audiophiles sad to say. It's made up of some good people, compulsive bargain hunters and the rest disgruntled hobbyist who have never educated themselves. It's too bad the worthless somehow rise to the surface while the real audiophiles don't stick around long. I don't see the negative forums as drawing much in the way of serious hobbyists. My advice Mr. Green would be to do what you do on these forums as a way of keeping your credible expertize in the mix and then backing away from the bottom dwellers who apparently have no reason for living. Keep up the great work!
Back to top Go down
Jane Audio

PostSubject: Re: an audiogon thread   Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:02 am

Good morning Michael and members,

I've been stopping by the thread on Audiogon Laughing . What a bunch of paranoid idiots Laughing
Anywoo Smile looking forward to my Saturday listening. It's going to be a Joni Mitchell day.
Back to top Go down
JC Carter lll

PostSubject: Re: an audiogon thread   Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:45 am

Hello my friends

I've been to Audiogon to look at product years ago but these threads are full of misfits and mischief makers from what I can see. That Bobby character is making a fool of himself. I always thought audio points was a Michael Green product never heard of Star Sound. All the reviews I've seen say Michael Green's audio points. Looks to me like this guy came along after MG was done with the old design. Bobby (Robert he wants to be called) doesn't appear to have an educated ear. Only working with Mr Green for 9 months and never making it to the tunable room Question And he wants to be recognized, for what? Smells like a coattail rider to me as many of these types are. Go to London and you will hear the name Michael Green often among audiophiles and some studio engineers. Bobby or Robert Mikes (however he spells it) not so much, never. scratch

MG, sounds like it was a waste of time ever hiring him to start with. Nine months Laughing
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: an audiogon thread   Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:13 am

Yep, the audiophile forum world can be a weird place when not moderated. The people who stir up the threads are usually underachievers who have made their lives out of one empty venture after another only able to get noticed off of coattailing (at best). What I've noticed from a business and promoting side of things is it's better to go to the more flammable audio forums only every so often (if ever) and then leave them alone. You know, just enough to say hi to any MGA or RoomTune followers who aren't up to date on the tune, and move on. Not all audio forums are this way, but the majority of them simply freak out if anyone of note comes to share.

On this particular thread the ex-employee of RoomTune and one of and his friends were totally scary strange freaky affraid it was this very reason and activity that got him fired from the company. Freaky freaky character No

I do have to take part of the blame though pale , any time you see these types of guys best to just let them be, cause their insecurity levels are on serious steroids. Oh well, exes come and go in all businesses and sometimes the stories that follow are like reading murder mysteries Laughing

I just think at the end of the day, Nah Smile I'd rather be listening Very Happy I'm glad we've had the Stereophile & audiogon experiences cause now it's able to be said that I tried to reach out to folks who maybe aren't the swiftest audio folks in the world. So I guess when people say in this small part of the industry (flaming audio sites) I haven't been around, we can point to examples of why Wink

'good news' is as we engage in ads and more show presence all this stuff will be 'old news', as it should be Cool

I do want to say one more thing though if I may. The reason I don't share much about my life, as pertaining to my working with some of the musicians, studios, commercial businesses, instrument companies and so on, is because true professional people want nothing to do with bottom dwellers. When you open that door the freaks come out of the closets. This is a frightening experience that was burned into me when touring long ago, and for some reason has continued through my life. You either have to be willing to be haunted your whole life or attempt to be as private (even invisible) as possible. My lady was a master at this. For myself, if I would have known she wouldn't be with me in later years, I might not have done the picture promotion thing in the early part of RoomTune as much. Early on in life I saw my friends go through this, and how it ate up most of their existence. I remember David saying to me once "if I could just go back to me and a guitar I would". It's maybe why you hardly ever see celebrities in high end audio, "they know better" Exclamation  It's also why you don't see many women. For this reason I'm extremely happy to be out of Amish country and learning how to keep away from working with people who don't understand the creative music life.

I'm glad there's TuneLand, folks, cause what I experienced once again by being too close to the flamers is something I will never really ever accept as "real life", not for me anyway. The world of want-a-be is not for me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: an audiogon thread   

Back to top Go down

an audiogon thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1