Michael Green Audio Forum

http://tuneland.techno-zone.net

Our Website  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Abbey Road Experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Abbey Road Experience   Mon May 05, 2014 11:23 pm

referencing

I know that most of you guys have been in the same listening room a long time, but for me I've been on the move a lot through my listening and so I reference things a lot. Abbey Road among many others have helped me find my center, but this only means I can get my system to do what I want and that's what I look for.

If I can put on track 10 and get the cues and flavor the way I want I know that my system is to the point where I can start exploring.

on goes track 10 Abbey Road

No breakin, and I can tell my system has been tuned to the lower midrange. The crickets & frogs did their thing right off the bat, not as wide as they have been but a good 6 feet off the the right of the right speaker, across the stage (loop) then continuing. They stay well behind the left speaker then head out of the room. The pitch is very low with them, maybe lower than the last couple of settings. It sounds like the frogs are bass frogs and the crickets have been practicing their baritone skills.

I will need to give this some breakin but I like the tone a lot. I will have to see if the cymbals open up but the overall tone and pace is right down my personal alley. the very first thing that pops into my mind is "did those speaker platforms make that big of a difference?".

There is not even a hint of brittle anything happening. I have to say this kind of surprises me a little.

Back to top Go down
http://tuneland.techno-zone.net

Abbey Road Experience
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2